top of page

슬기로운 큐티생활

Public·6 members
Colton Wright
Colton Wright

Think Python, 2nd Edition: How To Think Like A ...

This book is designed to introduce students to programming and software development through the lens of exploring data. You can think of the Python programming language as your tool to solve data problems that are beyond the capability of a spreadsheet.

Think Python, 2nd Edition: How to Think Like a ...

While most of the topics are covered in many classes already, this book feels like a refresher more than a lesson on topics like algorithms, lists, classes, etc. The examples on most of the topics are great if you already know this material. I think this book should not be an intro to computer science coursebook. While many for me, I can understand the message and understand the author's information, but I believe this would not work for someone who has only taken the first course in computer science. The simple examples would not be enough for people to grasp what they need unless they supplement this book with many examples outside of the book.

Most of these examples and topics are great because they are quick and to the point! While I have some experience with python, I learned many small things you can do that make your life easier, like methods within strings. This brings up the book's point of feeling like form someone who already knows some of the computer science material. The topics are very well put together for that target audience.

The book clarity was great! I liked the conditional statements part of the book since I felt the examples covered everything. Even when an example was missing a condition, if the number was to be a negative number when looking for positive integers, or if the number was zero, I think the author should think of a great way of explaining these core concepts and how they are used in python.

Python is a great language for beginners to learn the basics of computer programming. This book covers most of the primary Python syntax. It would make a good reference book to supplement existing lectures, without being too unwieldy. For a beginner textbook, I would need to add more explanation of basics and how to think through programming.

Since the author has taken the approach of educating the reader on how to think and program like a computer scientist rather than provide a crash course or a recipe-type approach to programming in Python, this book may not become obsolete in the near future. However, as version of Python change their syntax every now and then, the onus might be on the reader to keep abreast of such quirks while reading this book.

The focus is on the programming process, with special emphasis on debugging. The book includes a wide range of exercises, from short examples to substantial projects, so that students have ample opportunity to practice each new concept. Exercise solutions and code examples are available from thinkpython.com, along with Swampy, a suite of Python programs used in some of the exercises.

This book uses Python to introduce folks to programming and algorithmic thinking. It is sharply focused on classical algorithms, but it also gives a solid understanding of fundamental algorithmic problem-solving techniques.

In the list below, the links are ordered by what we think you should check most often throughout the semester first! Hence, the last item (#6) lists info unlikely to change during the semester, such as instructions and policies. 041b061a72

About

QT는 QUIET TIME의 약자로 매일 조용한 시간과 장소를 정해 하나님을 개인적으로 만나고, 성경말씀을 ...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page